Tuesday, 13 January 2015

Guest Post - Ali at Fixin to faff

Hey y'all!

I'm Ali from Fixin To Faff, and I'm absolutely delighted to be here to visit on Roz's blog!   I wanted to share with you a pretty and fun look using nail stamping, a detail brush, and some rhinestones!

Nail art using a unique quatrefoil pattern design, stamped in lavender chrome finish over a shimmery purple base.

This look begins with three coats of China Glaze Choo-Choo Choose You, which is a gorgeous dark plum shimmer that shifts into some deep copper and green tones as well.  It's absolutely stunning, and was definitely the highlight of the All Aboard Collection for Fall 2014.  On its own, it's beautiful, but I wanted to play with those shifting tones a little bit, so I chose to stamp over it with Essie Nothing Else Metals, a lovely lavender foil finish. 

Nail art using a unique quatrefoil pattern design, stamped in lavender chrome finish over a shimmery purple base.

I chose this unique quatrefoil pattern from Vivid Lacquer's plate VL031 and applied it over all my nails.  To finish, I created an accent nail on my ring finger by outlining it with Nothing Else Metals and then adding a chain of varying-sized clear rhinestones over the top.  Once I was done, I sealed everything with Seche Vite, my favorite quick-drying top coat.

Nail art using a unique quatrefoil pattern design, stamped in lavender chrome finish over a shimmery purple base.

I hope you enjoy this look and would love to hear your feedback!  If you like these and want to see more, you can find me on Google+, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or Instagram, and of course I would love for you to come visit me on my own blog, Fixin To Faff

Huge thanks to Roz for letting me come show off my nails, and thank you to all of you for having a look!

Much love,
-Ali

Thank you for reading ali does amazing nail art. Check out her blog for more